Father’s Day Ideas: 4 Weekend Trips That Beat Last Year’s Tie
This Father’s Day, show Dad you appreciate him with something more than lunch at his favorite spot or joining him on the couch to watch sports.
Running out of ideas on what to get him? Surprise him with a weekend getaway doing some of the things he loves most. It’ll beat last year’s “World’s Greatest Dad” mug by a landslide.
For the Sports Fan: A Baseball Game
If your dad loves sports, baseball is in full swing this time of year. Surprise him with tickets to a baseball game at an iconic stadium to cross a bullet off the bucket list.
Games he’ll love:
- Send him to see World Series champs, the Chicago Cubs, at the legendary Wrigley Field.
- Plan a trip to New York City to see the most decorated baseball team in the country, the Yankees.
- PNC Park in Pittsburgh has incredible views of the Allegheny River and the city’s famous yellow bridges.
- Petco Park in sunny San Diego is set right next to the city.
Depending on your dad’s team loyalties, any of these stadium locations may be just the ticket to upping your Father’s Day gift game.
For the Outdoorsman: A Wilderness Excursion
Does Dad revel in the peaceful spirit of the great outdoors? Fly him somewhere he can get outdoors and explore the wilderness, be it on land or at sea.
Excursions he’ll love:
- Yellowstone National Park is a dream destination for outdoor enthusiasts, and he can take guided tours, go day hiking and or take advantage of endless opportunities to fish or kayak.
- If you’re looking to send him out of the country, Vancouver offers no shortage of picturesque mountains, scenic lakes and even rainforests. Pitch a tent or wander the trails in the beautiful British Columbia landscape and make new memories with your dad this year.
For the Workaholic: A Much-Needed Escape
If your dad is a constant go-getter at work, help him unplug this Father’s Day weekend by sending him somewhere to relax and rejuvenate. Think golf, white-sand beaches and massages.
Escapes he’ll love:
- Myrtle Beach in South Carolina is known for its sun, sand and great golf courses.
- On the other end of the spectrum, if your dad has a taste for luxury, Andronis Resort in Oia, Greece is a destination location with a world-class spa, fine dining and high-end shopping — all overlooking the gorgeous Mediterranean and islands of Greece.
For the Fun-Lover: A New Adventure
If your dad is the type who can’t say no to new adventures that get his blood pumping, consider a private jet ride this Father’s Day weekend. Take him over the gorgeous Rocky Mountains for an incredible tour of Colorado’s natural landscape.
View this post on Instagram
RMNP is s beautiful place to explore, especially if you can catch a sunrise. 📷 credit to the powerful: @brianwlackey ❤️use #coloradotography use for Daily Features . . . . #colorado #coloradolove #denver #5280magazine #303magazine #rockymountains #denverlove #bestofco #jj_colorado #dnvrcolorado #spreadinglove #visitcolorado #city2snow #rmnp
Adventures he’ll love:
- You and your dad can explore the skies with style and comfort while enjoying complimentary refreshments and spirits.
- You can even bring a case of his favorite brews on board.